What is Sustaining Tenancies?
Sustaining Tenancies provides support to individuals and whānau who need help to sustain their tenancy and address any issues which put their tenancy at risk. The Methodist Mission Southern provides this service in Otago and Southland and this is a Government project to reduce these occurrences in our community - ‘homelessness is prevented where possible, or is rare, brief and nonrecurring’.
How will Sustaining Tenancies support tenants?
Agencies or community organisations can refer tenants to a programme – or tenants can self-refer.
- carry out an assessment to find out the type and level of services the tenant needs
- work with the tenant to develop a whānau-led plan
- provide services to the individual, family or whānau based on their plan.
This could be:
- life skills coaching
- advocacy and support to navigate services
- referral to budgeting advice
- advocacy with landlords
- referral to specialist social and health services as needed
- work with the tenant to develop an exit plan when they leave the service
Who is Sustaining Tenancies for?
Tenants in private rentals or public housing who need practical support to help to sustain their tenancy and address any issues that are putting their tenancy at risk.
Eligibility criteria: any vulnerable tenant who is at risk of losing their tenancy, who has, or is experiencing one or multiple risk factors and/or adverse life events.
Three levels of service
- Three levels of service Vulnerable tenants - individuals and whānau at risk of losing their tenancy receive six months service (Level 1)
- Vulnerable tenants with one or more risk factors - may have problems with alcohol and drugs or require mental health support - receive six to nine months service (Level 2)
- Vulnerable tenants experiencing multiple risk factors and adverse life events - may have been recently released from prison or have a history of family violence – receive nine to twelve months service (Level 3)
Kaupapa Māori principles underpin Sustaining Tenancies services
If you would like to find out more about this service, please contact:
Otago - Megan Hayward at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: Mob: 027 383 9335.
Southland - Tammylee at email@example.com or Tel: 0508 123 457 -
Mob: 027 267 9425.